Draw Dominos is a popular variation where you need to be lucky and skillfull.
Equipment double six set of dominoes in score pad
How to play
• Depending on house rules players draw three, four, five dominoes to start.
• On the first round the person with the highest double plays first.
• On his or her turn a player must match the number on either end of the dominoes layout with one of the numbers from their dominoes.
• If the player cannot play he or she takes a domino from the “bone yard” which is the leftover dominoes in the set. If a player can not play and only two dominos remain in the bone yard he or she loses a turn.
• Players continue to take turns until, a player plays all of their dominoes . This player is the winner.
• The winner gets the points left over in his opponent’s hands. If no one can play with the layout is blocked, the player with the lowest amount of points in his hand wins the round gets the difference between the points left in his hand in his opponents.
Bagh Chal is a Nepalese board game of unequal forces pitted against each other. Goats are placed on the board one at a time in a attempt to block the movement of the tigers . The out numbered tigers prowl the board trying to capture five Goats.
A Bagh Chal board
20 checkers for the goats
4 checkers for the tigers
How to play
The game starts with the tigers placed on the four corners of the board. The goats begin the game off the board.
The goats make the first play of the game. On the goats turn, a goat is placed onto a empty intersection of the board.
On the tiger’s turn , a tiger is moved along the line to a adjacent intersection.
Tigers can capture goats by jumping over them along a line to a adjacent empty intersection. Tigers can only make one capture a turn. There is no obligation to capture. A tiger can not jump over another tiger.
Goats can only move after all twenty goats have been placed on the board. A goat moves along the lines to a empty adjacent intersection. Goats can’t jump or capture.
The goats win if they can block all four tigers so that none of them can move. The tigers win by capturing five goats.
Here is another great dice game from SanFrancisco. Played for stakes or the next round, it is easy to learn and fast to play.
Players: 2 or more
How to play
1. Players ante the decided stake into the pot
2. Then players take turns rolling 6 dice. They must put aside at least one die if they chose to roll again. He or she can roll again as long as they have a die that has not been put aside.
3. To score a player must have a 1 and a 4 in there hand, without a 1 and a 4 they are disqualified. The remaining dice are there score.
4. If a tie players ante again and play a new round.