Plakato is a game popular in in Greece, Bulgaria, and Georgia. It is similar to backgammon , but with enough twists to make it an exciting game in it’s own right. So grab the dice and let’s get start!
15 light stones and15 dark stones
Pair of dice
How to play
• The object of the game is to be the first player to move all their checkers from the starting position around the board to your home board and remove them before. the home board is the quarter of the board where the other player started.
• The players start with 15 checkers on their opponent’s one point as shown in the photo above.
• On the first roll each player rolls one die highest number we re-rolls and goes first.
• A player can land their checker on any triangle that is empty, that has their own checkers on it, or that has only one opponents checker on it.
• A player can land on a triangle that has only one of his opponent’s checkers on it. When this happens the checker on bottom is trapped until the player moves the top checker to a new spot. While the player who is trapping can add more checkers on to that triangle, the player who is trapped can not. In the photo below the white checker is pinned by the brown.
• To bear off all of you checkers must be on your inner table. In the photo below brown can bear off , but white can not. When bearing off the player can take a checker off the board from the numbers indicated by the dice rolled. For example a roll of one and six could take one checker off the one triangle in one checker up to six triangle. If a player rolls a number that has no checkers on it they can they can only bear off the next highest number if there are no checkers on the triangles behind it.